Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences
The College's largest department consists of four innovative programs that analyze physical performance, health and wellness through a foundation in scientific research, technical knowledge and practical skill-building. Today’s growing attentiveness to healthy lifestyle habits has generated a greater demand for careers in these fields. Classwork is structured to provide professional and interpersonal skills, and students get hands-on experience through internships, labs, and more. Over 2,000 students are mentored each semester by outstanding teaching and research faculty that create a challenging academic environment.
The Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences is in a unique position nationwide to provide graduate coursework and research opportunities in human nutrition and food science, as well as sports nutrition, sports sciences, and exercise physiology. The combination of these respective areas of concentration within a single department facilitates integrative studies between diet and physical activity in the maintenance of health and the prevention and treatment of selected chronic disease states, as well as studies on the quality and safety of food, and optimal human performance.
The department also provides an ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) accredited dietetic internship program for qualified applicants as a post-baccalaureate route for students to become eligible to take the examination necessary to become a registered dietitian.
- • Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training *
- • Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology
- • Bachelor of Science in Dietetics *
- • Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition
- • B.S / M.S. in Exercise Physiology +
- • Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
- • Master of Science in Exercise Physiology, major in Sports Nutrition **
- • Master of Science in Exercise Physiology, major in Sports Sciences
- • Master of Science in Nutrition and Food Science, major in Food Science **
- • Master of Science in Nutrition and Food Science, major in Nutrition Science **
- • Master of Science in Nutrition and Food Science, major in Nutrition Education and Health Promotion **
- • Doctor of Philosophy in Exercise Physiology
- • Doctor of Philosophy in Human Sciences, major in Nutrition and Food Sciences
* Limited access major
+ Open only to current B.S. Exercise Physiology students at FSU
**Available with or without a dietetics internship