Center for Couple & Family Therapy
Like every great journey, it has its ups and downs, certainties and uncertainties.
If you or someone you know is experiencing distress, therapy with a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) can help. MFTs are trained in systemic, or relational, therapy and believe that throughout life we exist in a number of relationships that directly and indirectly impact our well-being.
Our relationships with family, friends, co-workers and neighbors influence and create our individual experience. Research and theory have shown that mental illness and family problems are best treated in the context of relationships.
If you have any trouble finding information, feel free to reach out to us. Additional resources can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
There are many things that the Center for Couple & Family Therapy can help with. These include:
- Work/School-related issues
- Couple & marital enrichment
- Pre-marital counseling
- Parenting & stepparenting
- Couple communication and conflict resolution
- Divorce and child custody
- Parenting classes
- Substance use and abuse struggles
- Grief and loss counseling
This 6-week online journey with Michelle Becker, M.A., LMFT,
and Megan Prager, M.A., is a first-of-its-kind online program for couples designed to help you and your partner meet yourselves and each other with greater awareness and compassion.
Utilizing the skills of mindfulness and compassion,
this program will teach you and your partner how to:
• Build a base of warmth, security and connection
• Be more present with each other
• Identify your shared values
• Communicate with kindness and compassion
• Comfort yourself and each other
• Skillfully relate to each other in times of difficulty
This course begins with a live online session on Tuesday, March 16th
and meets for five more Tuesdays from 5pm to 7:30pm PST. Self-paced online modules and at-home practices are also included.
For more information and registration, click here: https://ja844.isrefer.com/go/CFC2021/FSU/
What is Marriage & Family Therapy?
Support the Clinic
Your contribution allows us to continue offering affordable prices and provides the center with enough therapists, Ph.D. candidates and research assistants to meet the needs of our community.