Get to know Dr. Goldfarb
I am interested in understanding the impact of state health and drug policies on maternal and perinatal populations. In particular, I am seeking to understand how drug policies criminalizing substance use in pregnancy subsequently impact maternal and infant outcomes.
- B.A., Psychology-Sociology (Birmingham-Southern College)
- MPH, Health Care Organization and Policy (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
- DrPH, Health Care Organization and Policy (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
Brown Speights, J., Goldfarb, S.S., Wells, B., Beitsch, L., Levine, R.S. & Rust, G. (2017). State-level progress in reducing the Black-White infant mortality gap. American Journal of Public Health, [Epub ahead of print].
Goldfarb, S.S., Locher, J.L., Preskitt, J., Becker, D., Davies, S., & Sen, B. (2017) Participation in family activities and adolescent school problems. Child: Care, Health and Development, [Epub ahead of print].
Goldfarb, S.S., Smith, W., Epstein, A., Bailey, S.L., & Wingate, M. (2016). Disparities in prenatal care utilization among U.S. versus foreign-born women with chronic conditions. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, [Epub ahead of print].
Goldfarb, S.S., Tarver, W.L., Locher, J.L., Preskitt, J., & Sen, B. (2015) A systematic review of the association between family meals and adolescent health behavior. Journal of Adolescence, 44: 134-149.
Goldfarb, S., Tarver, W, Sen, B. (2014) Family structure and risk behaviors: The role of the family meal in assessing likelihood of adolescent risk behaviors. Psychology Research and Behavior Management, 7: 53-66.
- 2015, Inducted Member, Delta Omega Public Health Honor Society
- 2009-2014, Graduate Traineeship, Maternal and Child Health Policy and Leadership Program, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health, Birmingham, AL
A Day in My Life
My husband, Sean, and I enjoy cooking, seeing live music, traveling, and spending time with our Maltese-Yorkie dog, Walter.
Words to Live By
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote