Get to know Dr. Greene
I am interested in the various facets of mental illness and how families overcome mental health challenges. I am more specifically interested in the systemic effects of substance abuse.
All of my academic training has been interdisciplinary.
- B.A. Journalism (University of Southern Mississippi)
- M.S. Marriage and Family Therapy
- Ph.D. Marriage and Family Therapy (Florida State University)
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
I have taught numerous courses in the Department of Family and Child Sciences, however, I primarily teach:
- FAD3432: Stress and Resilience in Families
- FAD2230: Family Relationships
- FAD6940: Marriage and Family Therapy Practicum
- FAD6930: Advanced Clinical Theory
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MT2281)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- State of Florida Approved Supervisor for Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
- Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
A DAY IN MY LIFE
“Work hard, play hard.”
I am married with three wonderful children. We enjoy vacations to the beach and spoiling our goldendoodle, Abby.
I also enjoy spending time with my family in New Orleans and believe I have the best group of girlfriends on the planet.
WORDS TO LIVE BY
“Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
– Shel Silverstein