Get to know Dr. Rehm
My research areas include parenting practices, spiritual resources and vocational well-being, and the interface between families and schools/education. I particularly enjoy research based on narrative perspectives and qualitative analytical strategies due to the opportunities to probe depth of meanings.
- Ph.D. in Education—General Education Aspects of Vocational Education, 1987. Dissertation: “The Art and Aesthetic of Vocation: Implications for Education.”
- M.A. in Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 1984.
- B.S. in Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 1977.
Darling, C. A., Cassidy, D., & Rehm, M. (2020). Foundations of family life education model: Understanding the field. Family Relations. (Currently available online).
Rehm, M. R. (2018). The critical science approach, perennial problems, practical reasoning, and developing critical thinking skills. In K. L. Alexander, A. K. Holland, & P. Rambo (Eds.) (2018). Teaching Family and Consumer Sciences in the 21st Century.Lubbock, TX: Curriculum Center for Family and Consumer Sciences. ISBN 978‐0‐692‐45168‐7 278 pp. (ebook)
Darling, C. A., Cassidy, D., & Rehm, M. (2017). Family life education: Translational family science in action. Family Relations, 66, 741-752.
Iheanacho-Dike, E., & Rehm, M. (March 2018). What My Parents Expect: Why Graduate Students Pursue Postsecondary Education. Presented at SECFR conference in Tallahassee, Florida.
Wolford, S., Darling, C., Rehm, M., & Cui, M. (Accepted for paper presentation November, 2019). Examining Parent Internal Processes Associated with Indulgent Parenting Behavior. NCFR, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Associate Editor, Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, August 1, 2009 – 2014.
- Awarded Best Paper in Family and Consumer Sciences Education published in the Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal in 2013: Rehm, M., Allison, B. N., Bencomo, A., & Godfrey, R. V. Online education in family and consumer sciences university programs and four models for teaching online. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 41(3), 235- 253.
- Provided keynote (invited) lecture on the topic of Critical Science/Practical Reasoning, for the Japanese Home Economics Education Association, June 2008.
- Nominated for Graduate Teaching Award, 2017.