Get to know Dr. Wilson
I am dedicated to excellence in teaching that prepares students to work with children, adolescents, and families in diverse settings. As a Certified Family Life Educator, I have had the privilege of working with individuals and families across the lifespan in various community and faith-based settings. I am committed to inspiring students to understand the major challenges facing families in the 21st century, and to help optimize human development and family well-being, which in turn builds a stronger society.
- B.S. Family & Child Sciences (Child Development concentration) (Florida State University)
- M.S. Family Relations (Florida State University)
- Ph.D. Family Relations (Florida State University)
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
Wilson, C. B., & Darling, C. A. (2017). Understanding stress and life satisfaction for children of clergy: A retrospective study. Pastoral Psychology, 66(1), 129-142.
Wilson. C. & Swint, L. (2014). Successful Families: Review of Literature from a Human Ecology Perspective. Paper presented at the National Council on Family Relations Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
Darling, C. A., Hill, W. & Wilson, C. (2002). Economic and Social Well Being of Clergy Families: A Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis. Paper presented at the Individual, Household & Family Research Conference: Consumers and Families as Market Actors, Helsinki, Finland.
Alabama Department of Children’s Affairs, Office of School Readiness, First Class Pre-K Grant, awarded 2016 for University of Montevallo, Child Study Center
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Child Nutrition Program Grant, awarded 2015 for University of Montevallo, Child Study Center
Certified Family Life Educator through the National Council on Family Relations
Certified Instructor for the following curricula:
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP)
- Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program (PREP)
- Premarital Interpersonal Choices and Knowledge (PICK) a Partner Program
- Ernest Outstanding Commitment to Teaching Award, College of Education, University of Montevallo, 2016
- College-Wide Commitment to Service Award, presented by Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement, University of Montevallo, 2015
- Dean’s Scholar, College of Human Sciences, Florida State University, 2010
- College of Human Sciences Dissertation Award, Florida State University, 2006
- Doctoral Dissertation Award, Florida State University, 2005
A DAY IN MY LIFE
“Let all that you do be done in love.”
I have been married to my husband Mike for over 25 years, and together we have three awesome children: Elizabeth, Brittany, and Cade. Additionally, we are foster parents to a variety of children who need a loving, temporary home. Together we highly value faith, family, friends, and fun! We love eating family dinners, spending time on our boat, vacationing at the beach, and playing with our four pugs.
WORDS TO LIVE BY
“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” – Edward Everett Hale