Get to know Prof. Garber
Personally, I am most interested in studying methods and techniques to maximize athletic performance without increasing risk to long-term health status. But, as a licensed and certified allied health care professional, I seek to mentor future practitioners linking their skills and knowledge with possible career goals. Helping students navigate through coursework, linking them with meaningful scholarship in practice opportunities and ultimately placing them in entry level positions or professional schools is what brings me career satisfaction.
- 675 Continuing Education Units as a Certified Athletic Trainer
- M.S., Eastern Kentucky University
- B.S., University of Wisconsin Madison
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer since 1991
- GA Licensed Athletic Trainer (1991-2003)
- FL Licensed Athletic Trainer (2003-present)
- Partner with a Purpose Award, Florida State University (2015).
- University Undergraduate Teaching Award, Florida State University (2013).
- University Undergraduate Teaching Award, Florida State University (2007).
A DAY IN MY LIFE
“Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.”
– Steve Jobs
Top 5 from “StrengthFinders”
Achiever – Satisfaction from being productive
Learner – Committed to continuous improvement
Input – A Craving to know more
Belief – Purpose is driven by strong core values
Activator – Talented in turning thoughts to action
I am the proud wife of Jeffrey, and mother of Madi (FSU ’15) and Jackson (FSU ‘20). Our family loves to travel to new cities, spend time at the beach, or challenge each other in competitive sports. We enjoy cheering on our favorite teams (Seminoles, Washington Nationals, and the Washington Capitals)! I’m thankful for every moment that we can spend together around busy, busy schedules.
WORDS TO LIVE BY