Get to know Dr. Ghosh
Much of my previous research has involved investigating the effects of exercise, aging, and spaceflight on vascular function. However, I also have a background in strength and conditioning. Now, as part of the teaching faculty, my hope is to impart the knowledge I have amassed in exercise physiology and strength & conditioning to the next generations.
- Ph.D., Exercise Physiology, University of Florida
- M.S., Exercise Science, George Washington University
- B.S., Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
Ghosh P, Stabley JN, Behnke BJ, Allen MR, Delp MD. Effects of spaceflight on the murine mandible: Possible factors mediating skeletal changes in non-weight bearing bones of the head. Bone 83: 156-161, 2016.
Ghosh P, Behnke BJ, Stabley JN, Kilar CR, Park Y, Narayanan A, Alwood JS, Shirazi-Fard Y, Schreurs A, Globus RK, Delp MD. Effects of high-LET radiation exposure and hindlimb unloading on skeletal muscle resistance artery vasomotor properties and cancellous bone microarchitecture in mice. Radiat.Res. 185: 3: 257-266, 2016.
Ghosh P, Mora Solis FR, Dominguez JM, Spier SA, Donato AJ, Delp MD, Muller-Delp JM. Exercise training reverses aging-induced impairment of myogenic constriction in skeletal muscle arterioles. J.Appl.Physiol. 118: 7: 904-911, 2015.
- APSselect research paper: Ghosh et al. (JAP 118(7): 904-11, 2015)
- American Physiological Society National Space Biomedical Research Institute’s Predoctoral Gravitational Physiology Award
- American Physiological Society Jane Adams Edmonds Endowed Ph.D. Fellowship, University of Florida
- 44kg All-Time World Record Deadlift Holder
A Day in My Life
“Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.”
My mom, dad and brother live in Minnesota, where I grew up. While I may not live near them anymore, they are my home.
Words to Live By
“Do to others as you would have them do to you.”