Get to know Dr. Griffiths
My primary area of research is the assessment of cardiometabolic profiles of high risk cohorts with the aim to design and evaluate the role of exercise and lifestyle interventions to improve long term health and wellbeing outcomes. This relates to my teaching interests in actively preparing students to become evidence based practitioners.
- Ph.D., Applied Physiology, Brunel University London
- M.S., Exercise and Sport Science, Colorado State University
- B.A., Health and Physical Education, Rowan University
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
Griffiths L, Griffiths M. Evaluation of a School–Community Linked Physical Activity Intervention Targeting 7- to 12-Year-Olds: A Sociocultural Perspective. Am J Health Ed. 2019:5(2), 112-126.
Purdy L, Castle P, Molnar G, Griffiths LA. (2014). Ilona:‘Tweeting’ through cultural adjustments. InArmour, K (Ed) Pedagogical Cases in Physical Education and Youth Sport. Routledge, Abingdon.
Griffiths LA, McConnell AK. The influence of rowing-related postures upon respiratory muscle pressure and flow generating capacity. Eur J Appl Physiol, 2012: 112(12), 4143-4150.
McConnell AK, Griffiths LA. Acute cardiorespiratory responses to inspiratory pressure threshold loading. Med Sci Sport Exer. 2010: 42(9), 1696-1703.
Griffiths LA, McConnell AK. The influence of inspiratory and expiratory muscle training upon rowing performance. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2007: 99(5), 457-466.
- Deputy Vice Chancellor Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Worcester (2018)
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence Shared Learning Award, Highly Commended Finalist for the Supporting Health and Promoting Exercise (SHAPE) Program (2017)
- Health Service Journal Award Finalist, Innovations in Mental Health, Supporting Health and Promoting Exercise (SHAPE) Program (2015)
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (since 2014)
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist (since 1997)
A Day in My Life
“It takes courage to develop a meaningful life of integrity. It also requires good company. And practice.”
– Shelley Francis
Married to my English husband, Mark, and the proud mom of two lovely children, Jack and Freya. Family code: ‘It’s not really lost until mom can’t find it.’
Words to Live By
“You got this!”