Get to know Dr. Maier
As a teaching faculty, even though I spend most of my time educating students to become a dietitian, I am very interested in food addiction and associated weight management; as well as solving problems related to food intolerance and allergy.
- B.S. Environmental Engineering (Applied University of Tampere, Finland)
- M.S. Biological Recognition (Jacob University Bremen, Germany)
- Ph.D. Nutrition and Food Science (Florida State University)
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
I’ve published articles in journals including:
- Journal of Diabetes Research & Clinical Metabolism
- SkinMed Dermatology for the Clinician
- Journal of Nutritional Therapeutics
- 2009-present, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2015- present, Evidence analysis library analyst
A DAY IN MY LIFE
My husband, Scott, and I have two precious girls, Kelsey and Lexie. We enjoy outdoor adventures such as riding bikes, going to parks, the beach, and traveling to visit friends and family.
WORDS TO LIVE BY
Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It’s called integrity.