Get to know Dr. Ormsbee
- Nighttime pre-sleep feeding strategies to optimize metabolism, recovery from exercise, body composition, performance and health.
- Exercise training and nutritional interventions to prevent obesity-related diseases, achieve optimal body composition, and maximize human performance in both healthy (athletes) and diseased populations.
- The role of macronutrients (with particular emphasis on both protein and carbohydrate/modified-carbohydrate) ingestion on fat metabolism and performance
- Sports nutrition and dietary supplements
- Hormonal influence on performance, energy metabolism, and body composition
- The physiological impact of ultra-endurance exercise
- Postdoctoral Training/Visiting Professor, Skidmore College (2008-2010)
- Ph.D. in Bioenergetics (interdisciplinary program in Exercise Science, Physiology & Nutrient Biochemistry) from East Carolina University. (2008)
- M.S. in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (Exercise Physiology and Sports Nutrition Emphasis) from South Dakota State University (2005)
- B.S. in Exercise Science and Business from Skidmore College. (2002)
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
Dr. Ormsbee regularly publishes in the top exercise and sports nutrition journals.
- 2014 FSU Undergraduate Teacher of the Year Award Winner
- 2015 FSU Guardian of the Flame Award, Burning Spear Society
- 2017 NSCA Nutrition Researcher of the Year Award Winner
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Fellow, International Society of Sports Nutrition
- 2010-present, Continuous grants/contracts funding for Human Performance Research
- Former NCAA Collegiate Ice Hockey Player
- Two-time 70.3 Ironman Finisher
A DAY IN MY LIFE
Top 5 from “StrengthFinders”
Achiever – Satisfaction from being productive
Learner – Committed to continuous improvement
Input – A Craving to know more
Belief – Purpose is driven by strong core values
Activator – Talented in turning thoughts to action
I am the husband to Lauren and father to our daughter Lyla. We spend time with the rest of our family in outside of Philadelphia, PA (Go Eagles) and in Asheville, NC as much as possible. Our good friends are like family so we are fortunate to travel the world and always have a place to call home.
WORDS TO LIVE BY
“If you ain’t first, you’re last.”