Get to know Dr. Williams
My passion is applied strength and conditioning. Specifically, training methods to improve linear and multi-directional speed, velocity based training, and post-activation potentiation. Other areas include body composition (lipolysis) and tactical training.
- Ed.D., United States Sports Academy
- M.S.B.M., University of Central Florida
- B.S., University of Idaho
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
Williams, J., Ramsey, V., Cosio-Lima, L (2019). Sled towing practices of high school and collegiate strength and conditioning coaches. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 33(2), 210-211.
Williams, J., Heron, R., Spradley, B., Cosio-Lima, L., & Wallace, B. (2019). The post activation potentiation effect of heavy sled towing on subsequent sprints. National Strength and Conditioning Association National Conference.
- Speaker at the 2019 NSCA National Conference
- Seven years of experience as a strength and conditioning coach (2012-2019)
- Head strength coach experience
A Day in My Life
“Love God and Love People”
Married to my lovely wife Jessie of 8 years. Father to three beautiful children Grace (7), Isaac (5), and JJ (3).
Words to Live By
“How you do one thing is how you do everything.”